Thursday, February 23, 2017

Topic 1 Online participation and digital literacies


The methods of sharing knowledge and skills has always been of my intrest. Im an engineer in the subject of electronics and has been on this path since it became common to use microprocessors for common people, until today when almost everyone has enormous access to information worldwide.

I think its good to keep private an public spheres apart as we are "multiple personalities".
I have lots of intrests that I may not shere to everyone, and im not intrested in all stuff that others may think I have an intrest.

ONL shows me horizons that not already was in sight for me.

I dont have at  this moment any reflection to literature so far, but I find it conveniant to look up lectures and instruction film on Youtube etc as I have to learn new stuff or just remember complicated methods as I realize Its often faster and more efficient to see somone demonstrate on a subject rather than look for written material and spend time reading,
One example is how to handle the workwide spread use of the LMS Moodle, where it is easy to find Youtube clips on almost every procedure.


I reacently learned the worr Gamification / Edutainement for making online courses more attractive.

The Gamification of learning and instruction Karl M. kapp





6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of multiple personalities. It would be good idea to explore this concept with regards to online learning and multiple spaces where we act up different roles as/of learner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also support the idea that, as in one's offline life, we also fulfil different roles in our online life/presence. I enjoyed the video clip and would be interested to know whether you have any ideas on how to link edutainment to what we are learning in this ONL Course. There is a challenge in coming up with the creative ideas that will cause behavioral change through fun, and then the challenge of making that change sustainable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this good example of edutainment
    https://youtu.be/WS2CQQfQzEM

    A bit to expensive for this task but maybe an animation like: https://youtu.be/qpXNRrtuo38

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mentioned that we have a multiple personality, that I am not fully support. Similar than you I love to keep my privacy from the public scope, but I feel I am the same anytime. I think the difference relay in the moment that we are. For sure is not the same sharing pictures with a friends than with colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI,

    I really like the idea of multiple personalities, though it may sound a bit schizophrenic. For me it is just a way to cope with different surroundings, and I like when I am private just as a enjoy my role as a teacher... But thats the part they are just different roles and therefore I will have a different digital perspective I think, ie whom/what I will share

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe "Multiple pesonalities" is not the bes choise of word.
    I think, we might use a different approach as residents / visitors according to the group or context we intend to adress.

    ReplyDelete